Well, The Smoke Detectors Work...

Today I started phase two of Loralie's birthday cake extravaganza... actually baking the cakes. But unfortunately, I didn't get that far. I had the batter all whipped up and taste tested by the birthday girl...
(Don't worry, that spatula didn't go back in the bowl!) But then things got really interesting. I was preheating the oven, and apparently there was a big chunk of something or other sitting in the bottom of it, and before you know it, smoke is billowing out of it like the fiery furnace of Shadrack, Meshak and Abendigo! So, of course, every smoke detector in our house went off. Man, there is no way we would sleep through that!
Me and Loralie escaped outside until they stopped screeching. She kept saying "too WOUD mommy!" and "phone ringin'?" I am hoping she thought that the smoke detector WAS the phone ringing, instead of hearing a ringing in her own head after all that racket! But never fear, no actual cakes were harmed in the writing of this blog. They are stowed safely in the fridge until I can get the smoke cleared out enough to bake them!

Comments

  1. I've been laughing out loud at your crazy week! Hope you are too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye

Raindrops on Roses and Whisker on Kittens...

Simmin' in the Simmin' Pool!