A Halloween Tale


Today Loralie awoke from her nap screaming like a banshee. I went flying up the stairs to find her whole face covered in blood! Of course I freaked out and grabbed some wet wipes from the changing table and started mopping her up, only to discover that the source of the gushing was a tiny scratch on her nose, about the size of a pin prick! So I grabbed the trusty Dora band-aides and a cotton ball and tried to get the bleeding to stop. She was happier after I gave her some ice cream for her snack! Later, after the band-aide had been removed, and we had been playing for a while we decided to go to the store. I was half way to walmart when I hear "Uh oh Mommy! UH OH!" I look in my rear view mirror and see that darn scratch is gushing blood again. I hastily pull over to the side of the road and start searching the car for something to mop up blood with. I am a mom, right? Aren't we supposed to have Kleenex and wet wipes coming out of our ears??? Unfortunately, no such luck. They only thing I could find to wipe her up and try to make a tourniquet (just kidding) was an old pair of her shorts. So I hand it to her and say "hold this on your boo boo, kay?" and start driving again. This time my destination is Walgreens, which is just a few hundred feet away. By the time we got there blood was everywhere... and by the time I got her out of the car and to the bandaide isle we both looked like something out of a horror movie! I hastily opened the box of bandaides right there in the aisle and applied one to the wee nose (Loralie of course said "I no wike it!"), then I grabbed a package of wet wipes and head to the register. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when the oblivious teenage cashier asked us if we found everything all right!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye

Raindrops on Roses and Whisker on Kittens...

Simmin' in the Simmin' Pool!