Worries

I can't sleep. It is almost two in the morning and I am lying here with worries rising up in my head like the bubbles in a champagne bottle. It is so damn scary to love another human being with your whole heart. I think about my sweet husband and how we will hopefully spend a whole lifetime together. But at some point one of us will have to leave the other, and that far off (or maybe not) pain makes my heart ache already. And then I look at our beautiful daughter. I love her so much I can't hardly stand it. What if something were to happen to her? I don't think I could live through it. What if twelve years from now she decides that she hates me? It would break my heart. What if we can't teach her right from wrong or she is decieved by this world of pretty lies that we are living in? It reminds me of how brave and strong my God is. He did not have to give us free will. He could have made us all perfect robots that would do whatever we were programed to do. But he knew that real love was worth the risk. I know that I can trust him with my heart, and my family.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

  1. I feel those feelings very often. Having three little ones is like having my heart walk outside my body!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye

Simmin' in the Simmin' Pool!

The Cousins Visit!