The Battle of "Please"
So anyone who has spent any amount of time around Roman always marvels at how many words he can say. He will literally mimic anything that you say. He is also as stubborn as a bull. So lately we have been trying to get him to say "please" instead of just screaming at us. Tonight at dinner he finished his first helping of mashed potatoes and declared "More Numnums!" We said "say please". He screamed. This went on for some time with all of us pleading with him to say please, and Loralie demonstrating and him screaming, "More Numnums! MINE!" Caleb and I are looking at each other in exasperation and I say, "the kid can say 'helicopter'! I know he can say please!" To which roman piped up "Helicopter!" When he finally said please (in sign language, not words) he enthusiastically ate his mashed potatoes and said "Mmmmm! This is good!". Mommy needs a glass of wine PLEASE.

Comments
Post a Comment