Bible Study Fellowship
Yesterday I went to my first BSF class. If you have never heard of BSF (bible study fellowship), like I hadn't until last year, it is this pretty intensive bible study for women that meets once a week in independence (and internationally). It is non-denominational, and intergenerational. There is a kind of cool energy when you get that many women together in one room! I liked that there were girls younger than me, as well as women in their eighties. You get together to sing, and then break off into small groups where you discuss your homework (yes, homework). And then you listen to a lecture about what you read that week. This year they are studying the book of Isaiah (which I am really excited about, because there are some passages in Isaiah that I have always had trouble with). We will go through Isaiah verse by verse, which is my favorite kind of bible study. One cool thing is that you can bring your preschooler and they get to have a lesson as well while you are in class. They teach them bible verses and hymns and do crafts and stuff. The BSF in Independence is growing so much that they weren't sure if they would have a spot for me and Loralie (and the 35 other visitors yesterday), but they said they would give us a call and let us know sometime this week. I really hope that we are able to go, because it has gotten me really excited to study the bible, and I think it would be a fun way to meet some more moms (there are women from all over the KC metro area).
So Today I attemped my first days worth of "homework". I actually was able to complete it, even with Loralie bonking me with a paddle ball and then pooping her pants halfway through my reading... Haha, maybe I should wait until nap time to try to do it?
So Today I attemped my first days worth of "homework". I actually was able to complete it, even with Loralie bonking me with a paddle ball and then pooping her pants halfway through my reading... Haha, maybe I should wait until nap time to try to do it?
Comments
Post a Comment