1 Thessalonians 5:18

"Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live."


Even in this dark time in my life my heart is full of thankfulness. I am so thankful that my Dad got to spend the two days before his death with Loralie. My mom says that he pushed her on the swing for hours on Tuesday. I am thankful that I got to speak to him on the phone on Tuesday, and hear his voice one last time. I am thankful that he got to spend Wednesday night at church, hearing the familiar message of God's love, and enjoying fellowship with dear friends. I am thankful that one minute he was doing something he loved, riding his motorcycle, and the next minute he was walking and talking with Jesus. I am thankful that he didn't have time to be in pain or to be scared. I am thankful that last Christmas I got my Dad a book of interview questions that we worked on together. Even though we didn't get all the way done, I will always cherish those memories that we captured together. I am thankful that I still have my mother, the prayer warrior, and my husband, who is my rock. I am thankful for my brother who has stepped up to the challenge of managing our business. I am thankful that Loralie still has one grandfather that adores her and is determined to give her the love of two grandpas. And I am thankful for the outpouring of love from friends and family that we have experienced in the last week. I know that everything that has happened is a part of God's plan. As painful as this chapter of my life is going to be, I know that the growth that I will experience spiritually will be worth all the pain. And God will accomplish his purposes in my life, and in the lives of my family.
.

This picture was taken of my dad and his friend literally minutes before he went home to be with Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye

Raindrops on Roses and Whisker on Kittens...

Simmin' in the Simmin' Pool!