And We're Off...
Wedding season has officially started! Tonight's reception went great. We got nothing but compliments on the food and the building, so that is good! I really love my job. Whenever one of the brides I have worked with for months gets married, I feel like it is one of my friends' weddings! And it is, at times, exhausting, but it is never boring. I like how each event is different, with it's own set of challenges. But I really like the fact that we have encountered most of the challenges before, so we know how to handle them. As tonight's MOB pointed out "It aint our first rodeo." :)
I am also finding that I love the sales part of my job. I like to be able to haggle and negotiate and figure out a solution that works for everyone. Who knew that I was a saleswoman at heart? Maybe it is genetic. My dad worked in sales for years!
Working with my parents has been challenging, but I feel like we are getting better at communicating, and we are definately more organized. I really cherish this time that I get to spend with my parents. Looking back on life before we were co-business-owners together, I feel like I know them so much better than I did before. We just get the opportunity to spend so much time together, which is great. And while stress has brought out some of our uglier qualities at times, we know that we can depend on each other when the poop hits the fan.
So here's to another wedding season at The Tuscan Ballroom! Cheers!
Comments
Post a Comment