Seize the Day!

My mantra as a mom of a toddler is "Seize the Day!" It seems like Loralie is growing up so fast! I don't want to miss any opportunities that I have with her. Today I was in the middle of folding laundry when she toddled up to me with a book and said "bu mommy?" with the most hopeful expression on her face. My brain was saying "tell her you'll read it later", but my arms went with my heart and scooped her up and read book after book on this rainy afternoon. There will always be laundry and dishes to do, but there may come a time when my baby would rather play by herself than cuddle with her mom, so in the meantime "Seize the Day!"

Comments

  1. Oh man. It goes way too fast...and it goes even faster with each kid you have! I try to remember to seize the day, too. I'll never regret not folding those clothes or mopping the floor, but not spending time with my babies when I can, that's something I'd always regret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOO with you on this, I treasure every day! We should all hire cooks and cleaning ladies to help us accomplish this, shouldn't we?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye

Raindrops on Roses and Whisker on Kittens...

Simmin' in the Simmin' Pool!