The Times, They are a Changin'

With technology changing so quickly in our modern world, I thought I would record how old I was when different technologies entered the picture.

When I was little, I remember going to the video store and making sure that the movie I picked out was "Beta", not VHS.

We only had one TV at our house growing up.

I think my Dad might have had a computer for his work starting when I was in about middle school, but I didn't really use the internet or email until I was in High School. I did have to take keyboarding class, starting in 7th grade, which was the only class I nearly flunked. I was at a great disadvantage, however, because most of my classmates had had typing the year before, where I had never had it at all!

I got my first cell phone in 2004, two years after I was married. This was due to the exorbinant amount of times I got lost while driving.

We are still probably the only people in America that don't have a flat screen TV or a blue ray disc machine, but hey, at least we don't have an eight track.

Comments

  1. Girl, I got my first cell phone last December. We're definitely behind you. We don't have a flat screen or Blue Ray either. We only have a desktop computer, not a notebook. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye

Raindrops on Roses and Whisker on Kittens...

Simmin' in the Simmin' Pool!