17 Months

Our baby girl is 17 months old now. She is doing all kinds of cute tricks and saying a whole bunch of new words. She is trying very hard to feed herself with a spoon or fork. She can tell you the sounds for cow, horse, chicken, duck, sheep, dog, cat, and fish. She can point to her eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, hair, arms, legs, feet, toes, belly button and hands. We are still working on the elbows and behiney. She tries to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", but I think if you weren't her mother, you probably wouldn't know what you were listening to! She says phrases like "Here you go" "All gone" and "Mommy bye bye". And sometimes she will even say "Potty!" and grab her diaper. We have successfully made it on time occasionally, but are far from long term success!

My favorite thing is when she just makes up words though. She call our phones the "Hi". She calls coats and cars "bye bye's" even though she can totally say both of those words. She calls water "ahhh" (think Pepsi commercial). And when she wants to say zipper she just blows a raspberry (I guess she is trying to make the zipping sound?)


We are officially three days without a binky. I don't know why, but I think it has been harder on me than it was on her. Her baby things are quickly going "bye bye" and it makes me a little sad. On the other hand, it isn't cute when a four year old is still using a binky, so might as well nip this thing in the bud.



Comments

  1. She's such a doll!
    I can't believe she's already almost a year and a half! That's crazy!
    Oh, and I love the zipper thing! :) So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye

Raindrops on Roses and Whisker on Kittens...

Simmin' in the Simmin' Pool!