Childbirth Class Part 2

So last night I went to part two of the "prepared childbirth class" offered at the hospital. It wasn't nearly as bad as the first night, cause we talked all about pain relief and c-sections. I did cringe quite a bit when they passed around the forceps and vaccum extractors. I have a question for all you mammas out there: Which is better, to have them cut you down there, or to let it tear??? Graphic, I know, but the instructor said you have a choice and I would prefer to pick "None of the Above". I am not sure that is an option... The relaxation portion of the class we just as silly as the last time. I was almost glad Caleb wasn't there, because I know he wouldn't have been able to take it seriously either. We were supposed to close our eyes and picture ourselves in a "magical happy place." I started out thinking about a garden, but then out of no where, I was picturing Happy Gilmore's girlfriend in a corset pouring pitchers of beers, and then as hard as I was trying NOT to think of that, it was all I could think of! I suck at meditation. I can't really picture myself doing any of this non-sense in the delivery room, anyways. I tend to think of it as one more really really hard exercise class, where you just have to push yourself through. I can live through one minute of anything... I think. I mean, I am all about having some praise music on, and having Caleb rub my back, and stuff like that, but going to my "happy place" seems a little retarded. Well, next week is the last class, and we are talking about post-pardom and taking a tour of the unit. Caleb will actually be making an appearance at that one. He owes me so big.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye

Simmin' in the Simmin' Pool!

The Cousins Visit!