Mom Prom

Saturday night I went to the "Mom Prom". Which was not, as my babysitter asked, "like a prom for nerds?"... No, it was a prom for old ladies. Ha! Our Mothers of Preschoolers group, otherwise known as MOPs, hosted a fun night out for us, including dinner and dancing, so I thought, "why not?" Caleb was working anyways, so it was either go or spend my saturday night watching TV! The dress code was either prom attire or 80s wear. I dug this red number out of Loralie's dress up box- ha! That's where I shop for formal wear!

The dance itself was pretty fun. Notice I didn't say really really fun? The thing is, out of the 100 moms that attend MOPs once a month, I consider many of them good acquaintances. Out of those there are a few that I consider friends. Unfortunately none of the "friends" were in attendance. And suddenly it was just like high school again! The girls that I consider acquaintances were clearly the "cool table" at the dance. So my choices were go hang with them, even though I wasn't really in their clique, or hang out with people that I didn't know at all. I chose to be a hanger-on! So we danced and hung out and everything and they were all perfectly nice but it was giving me major high school flash backs. This was my exact social position in high school. The cool kids liked me. Many of them knew my name and might even wave me over to sit with them once in a while. But I was never really one of them. And that was fine by me! I had my handful of really great friends, who I am still friends with today!
So, on a whole, mom prom was pretty fun, but it would have been better if my super hot date could have come with me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye

Raindrops on Roses and Whisker on Kittens...

Simmin' in the Simmin' Pool!