Easter Blessings
This Easter season has been really one of the most meaningful to me that I can remember. I have, of course, grown up knowing the whole Easter story, but there is something different about teaching it to someone else, that makes it really hit home. Watching the look of sadness on Loralie's face when I explain to her about the "bad guys" that hurt "her Jesus" stirs something within my own heart. She even patted her children's bible and said "oh, I sorry Jesus". I mean, how do you explain this to a two year old? I am not even sure she really knows what "dead" means! But, I tried to sort of break it down for her is small steps. Each day I hid an Easter egg that held a treat and a small object that was found in that days "Jesus Story". Then we would read the story together out of her children's bible and do a corresponding coloring sheet. Each day we would review all the days before, so by today she was pretty comfortable telling me about the triumphal entry, the last supper, the garden of Gethsemane, the crucifixion and the empty tomb. Just not in those words! Ha! We also made "Resurrection cookies" tonight. They are basically just meringue cookies that you "seal up" in the oven over night, and when you bite into one in the morning, they are hallow, like the empty tomb. Hope those actually work, because I don't ever seem to have much luck with meringue!
Thank you Jesus, that I get the opportunity to tell Loralie all about you! Please help me to do it right. I pray that she grows in wisdom and maturity and someday decides to be your forever friend.
Dyeing Easter Eggs
Comments
Post a Comment