Save the Chicken!

So yesterday, after a very positive meeting with the club owners, my brother and I headed out to The Tuscan to meet with my mom. When we pulled up, there were about five KCP&L trucks parked outside, and they informed us that the building had been without power since midnight on Thursday night. Matt and I checked out the walk in cooler, where we had all the food for the wedding on Saturday, and they were still pretty cold, and since the KCPL workers told us the power would be back on in about an hour, we didn't worry about it too much. Later that night, around 7pm, Matt called me and asked me if I would go back out there and make sure that the coolers came back on and worked after the power was restored. So I loaded Loralie up in the car and headed out there again, only to find the KCPL workers up to their necks in a hole in the front of the Tuscan! I tried to take Loralie into the building with me to assess the situation, but since it was pitch black, freezing cold, and scary in there, we didn't really get to the bottom of things. Now we had a major problem. We had chicken for 200 people in our walk in cooler, and potentially no power until midnight. I decided to take Loralie home, and my sister-in-law came over to watch her while I trekked out there for the third time. Matt took off from work and met me out there: our goal- to save the chicken! When we walked into the cooler, we were relieved to find that the chicken was still cold to the touch, but the walk in was starting to cool off. So we grabbed everything that was "spoilable" and started filling up tubs with ice. Luckily, the ice machine is well insulated, because plan B was to throw all the food outside! Ha! So we got everything that needed to be cold cold, and then we just had to wait around and make sure that the power did, indeed come back on. So me and my little bro sat around for several hours just talking. It was actually really fun. And we got a chance to talk about some spiritual things and just life in general. So maybe it was Jesus who shut off the power at the Tuscan. I am just glad he didn't do it on an event night...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye

Raindrops on Roses and Whisker on Kittens...

Simmin' in the Simmin' Pool!