A Day in The Life (2010)


Several years ago, when I was pregnant with Loralie, I did a blog entry entitled "A Day in the Life" that was a breakdown of my daily life being preggo. I thought it would be fun to do a "part two" to that entry as life has changed quite a bit in the last two years! So here goes:

9:00am- Everyone wakes up. I know, I know, you are a jealous. I have a baby who loves to sleep! And Caleb and i are just lazy, so unless there is someplace we need to be, we sleep too! Loralie wakes up really happy and chattering away. she usually hands me "Mr. Moo-Face" and "Yiddle Baby" first thing, and sometimes wont let me get her out of the crib because she is just talking and playing. I sometimes have to pretend like I am going to go downstairs without her before she will let me get her out! We go downstairs and eat breakfast, and Momma gets some coffee.

9:30 Loralie is usually dressed in a super cute outfit by this time, with her hair fixed and a matching hair bow. Then I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and shudder at the sight! Time for Mommy to take a shower and get ready for the day too!

9:45- I am most of the way done putting my make-up on when my phone rings. I schedule an appointment with a bride and then try to remember if I have put mascara on both eyes yet. Loralie is fascinated with make-up and I am constantly having to stop what I am doing and grab it out of her hands! She is really fast!

9:50- So, I guess this isn't really a "typical" day, but I have a TON of laundry to do today, so Loralie is going to help me unload the dryer! She spies on of her cloth diapers in there and declares that "Yiddle baby needs a new diaper!" This is a big thing for her recently. Only, she can't really fasten them, so she wants me to. So I basically have two babies in diapers right now!

10:00- We are both basically dressed and Loralie declares she wants to go "bye bye in a car". I have a few errands that I need to run, so we load up in the car and head for the public library. We are in the library a total of thirty minutes and Loralie has made two trips to the bathroom, one of them successful. It's hard to tell if she is really trying to go, or if it just a game to see Mommy's panic face and to get swooped up and carried to the bathroom!

10:45- Mommy decides the rest of the errands can wait for another day, so we go to Penguin Park, which is one of Loralie's favorite places. But it is hella hot, and I am afraid the slides are gonna burn her butt, so after another (unsuccessful) potty break, we head back in the car and head for home.

11:45- Caleb has been working an off duty shift this morning, but he is home now, and Loralie screams "Daddy Home!" when she hears the garage door go up. We sit down and eat some lunch.

12:30- We succumb to the chant of "Watch Dora? Watch Dora? Watch Dora?" and let her watch it. I personally hate Dora, as the songs are so annoying and catchy, but Loralie LOVES it and talks to the TV and everything. She can name all the characters and loves all the counting and singing.

1:00- Time for Loralie's nap and for Mommy to get a few more loads of laundry in. This is also when I usually answer all my work emails and phone calls. PS- it also starts raining REALLY HARD and the wind is blowing about a hundred miles an hour. Gotta love Missouri!

2:00- Tornado Sirens are actually going off. Loralie sleeps right through them. I am keeping an eye on things, though, in case I have to run upstairs and scoop her up and run back down to the basement!

3:00- Loralie wakes up from her nap ready to play. She wants to see the rain out her window, and so we sit and watch it. I tell her that the rain is good for the earth and helps the plants and flowers grow. I ask her "who made the rain, Loralie?" and she yells "JESUS!" Wow! We eat a snack (she requested "pink dora yogurt?") and we head down to the basement to play. Her favorite things right now are her baby stroller and her Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Playhouse. And of course, "Yiddle Baby", who is her constant companion and confidant. So Loralie is playing with Yiddle Baby while I am reading my new book from the library, when I hear Loralie say "Yiddle baby potty!" I jump up and run to the bathroom, cause I figure Y.B. just got flushed, but instead I burst out laughing cause she has her actually sitting on the potty.

4:00 Daddy reads Loralie some books and then we say goodbye as he heads off to work a second shift (not typical, but not unheard of). By this time the rain has cleared off, and Loralie and I head outside to play in the backyard. She was not a fan of the mud between her toes, though, and requested to be washed off.

5:00 Dinner is served. Nothing spectacular tonight as Daddy isn't home and what do we care?

6:00- We start baking cookies. Loralie dons my apron and is delighted that she allowed to sit on the counter and help mommy cook. She pours and mixes and most of all tries to eat everything. But by a slight mommy miscalculation we don't get to the fun part until an hour later, when the dough is done chilling. Oops.

6:15- Loralie watches Sesame Street while mommy cleans up the kitchen and the dough is chilling.

7:00- Cookie time, for real! Mommy makes the balls, and Loralie rolls them in the sugar/cinnamon. She is delighted. But loses steam half way through and wants to be "all done". She does really like that she can see the cookies in the oven while they are baking.

7:15 YUM.

7:30- Bath time! Loralie still loves her bath. Tonight she does some singing. She sings "Twinkly Twinkle" and "Abcd", both pretty well. We brush teeth, get on jammies, and read a her children's bible. Tonight's story was about Jesus healing the blind man with the spit/mud. How appropriate when she has such a clear new mental image of what mud is from earlier.

8:30- We say our prayers and go Night Night.

8:31- I collapse on the couch and read/blog/watch TV and try not to move until bedtime. And then we start the whole thing over tomorrow! What a blessing!

Comments

  1. Hmmm, sounds very similar to our days :) except add another munchkin in there. so much crazy fun! and THAT'S why we're so tired!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye

Raindrops on Roses and Whisker on Kittens...

Simmin' in the Simmin' Pool!