All's Well that Ends Well

I would like to begin this blog with a warning to all friends who may be pregnant or hoping to become pregnant...this may make you change your mind! I went in to be induced on Monday, October 20th... I was a week overdue. The first twelve hours went so smoothly! I was just amazed at how easy everything was (epidurals are awesome). By six O'clock PM I was completely dialated, 100% effaced, and she was at zero station- not bad for a first baby! The nurses who kept checking me did comment that they thought she had a big head- not what you want to hear! So we decided to do a combination of pushing and "laboring down" for the next five hours. I would push or just let my uterus try to make progress... at the end of five hours she was STILL at zero station (head even with the pelvis bone) and Dr. determined that she was in the anterior position (not facing the right way). He recommended the C-section, and I had decided that if he recommended it, I wouldn't argue with him. So off we went to surgury- and that was when the hell began. I had a bad reaction to the meds that they gave me- I was puking (all over my face) and then crying. The tugging sensation was awful- I could feel them yanking my organs around. I went into shock, so I don't remember the rest, but Caleb says I was trying to reach under the sheet to grab my belly, and trying to turn on my side, and I just kept saying "I want to go home!". They had to tie down my arms and knock my out completely. The next thing I remember I was waking up in a recovery room in the worst pain I have ever experienced. It was like I had no meds AT ALL. I was screaming obscenities, telling them to kill me (and I was not kidding), writhering in pain for an HOUR before they got enough morphine in me to take a slight edge off the pain. Caleb was really scared to see me like that, and my parents were beside themselves because they didn't really know what was going on. I went in for the section at 11pm and didn't get to hold my daughter until 2am the next day! Looking back on the experience, the whole birthing experience doesn't even seem connected to the "Love at first Hold" I felt with my new daughter. She is so beautiful! I am posting pictures on myspace, so you can see her!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye

Simmin' in the Simmin' Pool!

The Cousins Visit!