More Notes from the Wilderness
No more news on the Tuscan Ballroom. But for whatever reason, I am not really worried anymore. The more time that I spend with the Father, the more I am convinced that he is using this time "in the wilderness" to prepare us for what lies ahead. He is teaching us to trust him. You can't really say that you trust someone if you are constantly second guessing them, or doubting them. So, I have just decided that I am going to keep striving for my dream, because it was put in my heart by Jesus. I am going to use this time of waiting to draw closer to him, to spend time with him, and to practice living in his constant presence. I am going to look deep within myself and see if there is anything in me that God would like to change. I am going to focus on praising him and thanking him for all the amazing blessings in my life. And everytime that He closes a door, I will know that we are that much closer to the door that he will open. I really think that if I am willing to give my dream to him, he will give it back to me BIGGER and BETTER, and more WORLD CHANGING than I could ever have imagined. Here is a quote from my devotional book that I read this week:To Niki, From Jesus: "I am with you, and for you. When you decide on a course of action that is in line with my will, nothing in heaven or on earth can stop you. You may encounter many obstacles as you move towards your goal, but don't be discouraged- never give up! With my help you can overcome any obstacle. Do not expect an easy path as you journey hand in hand with me, but do remember that I , your very-present helper am omnipotent. Much, much stress results from your wanting to make things happen before their times have come. One of the main ways I assert my sovereignty is in the timing of events. If you want to stay close to me and do things my way, ask me to show you the path forward moment by moment. Instead of dashing headlong toward your goal, let me set the pace. Slow down, and enjoy the journey in my presence." On an unrealated note, I lost four pounds last week eating healthy and working out 30 minutes/ 5 days a week. So I am pretty happy with that. This week, I am limiting my coffee consumption to only one on Sunday mornings, saving me money and calories! 36 more pounds to go!
Comments
Post a Comment