The Author Within

I have been slacking off on my blog lately.  Admit it.  You have noticed a recent decline in brilliance.  That is probably due to the fact that all my writers energy has been going towards this:
No, that's not the entire 808 section of the public library... It's just all the ones I could carry.  And I have almost read all of them now.  BECAUSE....(drum roll), I have decided it is time to start career number four: author of brilliant children's and YA books!  It started when I got a chance to write some dramas for church this summer.  Well, actually it started as soon as I could hold a pencil but this summer I really got my creative juices flowing and I loved it!  It is such a fun outlet for a mom!  So for the last several weeks nap time has been mommy's writing time, and I even have some finished picture book manuscripts to show for it!  Tonight I attended my very first writers group at the library which will be a weekly critique and accountability group.  I also plan to attend my first writers conference next month!  Ahh!  Rubbing shoulders with agents and editors!  And just to add another bit of excitement, today I signed up for nanowrimo.  What's that, you say?  National write a novel in a month.  That's right. This November. 30 days, 50,000 words.  What have I gotten myself into?!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye

Raindrops on Roses and Whisker on Kittens...

Simmin' in the Simmin' Pool!