Sleepy McYawnerson
Having two kids is tough. One of the biggest problems is that you go into it kind of thinking that you know what you are doing. You did manage to get the first kid to her third birthday after all. The problem with that is that no two kids are the same. Where Loralie was so predictable and her cues were pretty easy to read (at least that is how I remember it now...), Roman has thrown us a bit of a curve ball at times! I think just because he was suffering so much with reflux the first few weeks of his life, I see every little squeak out of him now as REFLUX. And then I stress about what to do, because if it is reflux, you don't want to put more milk in an already upset tummy. But if he is hungry, I definitely want to feed him, schedule be damned, because my goal is to get him to gain some weight. But I don't want him to snack all day thereby never getting a full meal. But what if my milk supply isn't keeping up with his new ferocious appetite and he is genuinely hungry??? Maybe his crying has nothing to do with food, maybe he is tired, or overstimulated, or maybe he is just a little bit of a grump??? These are the questions that go through my mind every time that sweet baby cries! Luckily, the reflux is getting much better, and he isn't screaming like he is on fire anymore (Thank you LORD). I know that the coming years will teach us all kinds of new strategies and game plans for our little boy! What a blessing he is, and what a privilege to be the mommy he often barfs on.
Comments
Post a Comment