Baby Love

Loralie is five weeks old today. Some days I think I am really getting the hang of this! I can change a diaper in seconds flat WITHOUT baby sticking her sock feet in poop. I am sleeping a little bit at night. I can get the darn car seat in and out of the car without brain damaging her. And then other days I feel like a complete disaster. Baby is crying, we are all off schedule, and I don't have a clue how to fix it. Overall though, motherhood has been fun so far. She is really smiling now (not just gas grimaces). Today when I heard the garage door opening, I told her Daddy was home, and she got the hugest grin on her face! She is getting pretty good at holding her head up and today we successfully sat in our bumpo chair, which she seemed to like. She likes to look at books (okay, she doesn't really look at them much, but I think she listens). She can follow toys with her eyes, and I have gotten her to hold a small rattle in her hand. Every day she seems a little cuter and smarter and she shows more of her personality. I still have some ligistical questions though. Where does one breastfeed at church (or DOES one?) And if it is taboo to do so (as I suspect) how do you go to two services, because that is just too long of a time for her to go without eating! And here is another question: I have heard that babies will want to eat more if they are on a growth spurt, so do you let them nurse longer or more frequently or both?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye

Raindrops on Roses and Whisker on Kittens...

Simmin' in the Simmin' Pool!